Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 23:32:52 +0800
From: Jinjian Song <songjinjian@...mail.com>
To: jiri@...nulli.us
Cc: chandrashekar.devegowda@...el.com,
	ricardo.martinez@...ux.intel.com,
	ryazanov.s.a@...il.com,
	songjinjian@...mail.com,
	soumya.prakash.mishra@...el.com,
	vsankar@...ovo.com
Subject: Re: [net-next 3/6] net: wwan: t7xx: Implements devlink ops of firmware flashing

>Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 02:26:53PM CEST, songjinjian@...mail.com wrote:
>>Thansk for your review.
>>Witch command: echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/${bdf}/remove, then driver will run the
>>.remove ops, during this steps, driver get the fastboot param then send command to
>>device let device reset to fastboot download mode.
>
>Ugh.

>>>Again, what's "command rescan device" ?
>>>
>>>Could you perhaps rather use command line examples?
>>
>>Thansk for your review.
>>With the command: echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/rescan, then driver will run the .probe options
>>then driver will follow the fastboot download process to export the download ports.
>
>That is certainly incorrect. No configuration or operation with the
>device instance should require to unbind&bind the device on the bus.

Thanks for your review, this remove rescan logic impliment in V5 patch driver version, as it can't be allowned
in driver so I move it out driver patch, just now it seemed no other suitable way to reprobe device and identify
device in download mode after device reset.
By the way,this remove rescan logic works with iosm driver also, so if there is no idea of other way, I hope it
can be allowned without effect the kernel.