Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 10:25:16 +0200
From: Paul Cacheux <paul.cacheux@...adoghq.com>
To: ast@...nel.org, daniel@...earbox.net
Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Question: backport of "Include asm/ptrace.h in syscall_wrapper
 header" to stable 5.10

Hello,

I'm currently playing with attaching fentry hooks to syscall
entrypoints and facing the issue reported and fixed in [1][2]. This
patch was backported to multiple stable kernels including the 5.15.y
branch [3].

I was wondering why it had not been backported to the 5.10.y branch,
and if you could queue it up for backport ?

My understanding is that the BTF format was introduced in 4.18 and the
BPF trampoline in 5.5 so it would make sense to have this fix in 5.10,
but I may be wrong.

Thank you very much in advance

Paul Cacheux

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20221018122708.823792-1-jolsa@kernel.org/