Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 12:26:55 +0200
From: Köry Maincent <kory.maincent@...tlin.com>
To: Oleksij Rempel <o.rempel@...gutronix.de>, Jakub Kicinski
 <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc: <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, Thomas Petazzoni
 <thomas.petazzoni@...tlin.com>
Subject: PoE support

Hello,

I am working on the PoE support and I am facing few questioning.
I would like to use the same commands and core as PoDL, but non generic
development raised questions.

The admin_state and admin_control are the same therefore I will use the
ethtool_podl_pse_admin_state enumeration.
The power detection status have few differences, I thought that adding PoE
specific states to ethtool_podl_pse_pw_d_status rather than adding a new
ethtool_pse_pw_d_status enum is the best way to avoid breaking the old API.

I also would like to remove PoDL reference to ethtool but keep
"podl-pse-admin-control" command for old compatibility alongside a new
"pse-admin-control" command.

What do you think? Do you think of a better way?

Köry