Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 02:25:28 +0300
From: Skyler Mäntysaari <sm+lists@...m.fi>
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc: intel-wired-lan@...ts.osuosl.org
Subject: The difference between linux kernel driver and FreeBSD's with Intel
 X533

Hi there,

It seems that for reasons unknown to me, my Intel X533 based 10G SFP+
doesn't want to work with kernel 6.1.55 in VyOS 1.4 nor Debian 12 but it
does in OPNsense which is based on FreeBSD 13.2.

How would I go about debugging this properly? Both sides see light, but
no link unless I'm using FreeBSD.

For reference the thread on VyOS forums regarding this:
https://forum.vyos.io/t/10g-sfp-trouble-with-linking-intel-x553/12253

P.S Sorry for the double posting, but now it should go to the Intel list
too properly.

Best regards,
Skyler Mäntysaari