Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:09:45 -0800
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>
To: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org, netdev-driver-reviewers@...r.kernel.org,
	Kalle Valo <kvalo@...nel.org>, Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>, fw@...len.de,
	pablo@...filter.org, bpf@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ANN] Winter break shutdown plan

On Tue, 5 Dec 2023 at 10:10, Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org> wrote:

> Hopefully the merge window for v6.8 will open on Jan 7th or 14th,
> giving us at least a week to settle any -next code which is ready
> after the break.

Just FYI - my current plan is that -rc7 will happen this Saturday
(because I still follow the Finnish customs of Christmas _Eve_ being
the important day, so Sunday I'll be off), and then if anything comes
in that week - which it will do, even if networking might be offline -
I'll do an rc8 the week after.

Then, unless anything odd happens, the final 6.7 release will be Jan
7th, and so the merge window for 6.8 will open Jan 8th.

So that's the plan, and it doesn't look like there's anything strange
going on that would cause me to delay any further, so it's pretty
likely to hold. Knock wood.

                   Linus