Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 21:26:51 -0700
From: David Ahern <dsahern@...nel.org>
To: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc: Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>, Hangbin Liu <liuhangbin@...il.com>,
 "netdev-driver-reviewers@...r.kernel.org"
 <netdev-driver-reviewers@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [ANN] net-next is OPEN

On 1/26/24 6:13 PM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:56:26 -0700 David Ahern wrote:
>> On 1/24/24 2:48 PM, David Ahern wrote:
>> https://netdev-2.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-net-mp/results/438381/1-fcnal-test-sh/stdout
>>
>> still shows those 4 tests failing. since they pass on default Ubuntu
>> 23.10, I need some information about the setup. What is the OS image in
>> use and any known changes to the sysctl settings?
>>
>> Can I get `sysctl net > /tmp/sysctl.net` ? I will compare to Ubuntu and
>> see if I can figure out the difference and get those added to the script.
>
> Here's a boot and run of the command (not sure how to export the file
> form the VM so I captured all of stdout):
>
> https://netdev-2.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-net-mp/results/sysctl-for-david
>
> The OS is Amazon Linux, annoyingly.

It's a bug in that version of iputils ping. It sets the BINDTODEVICE and
then resets it because the source address is not set on the command line
(it should not be required).

There are a couple of workarounds - one which might not age well (ie.,
amazon linux moving forward to newer packages -I <addr> -I <vrf>) and
one that bypasses the purpose of the test (ip vrf exec)).