Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 12:16:43 +0100
From: Matthieu Baerts <matttbe@...nel.org>
To: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
Cc: "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
 MPTCP Upstream <mptcp@...ts.linux.dev>, Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>,
 Mat Martineau <martineau@...nel.org>
Subject: Re: [TEST] The no-kvm CI instances going away

Hi Jakub,

On 06/02/2024 02:41, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> because cloud computing is expensive I'm shutting down the instances
> which were running without KVM support. We're left with the KVM-enabled
> instances only (metal) - one normal and one with debug configs enabled.

Thank you for the notification!

It sounds like good news if the non-support of KVM was causing issues :)

I think we can then no longer ignore the two MPTCP tests that were
unstable in the previous environment.

The results from the different tests running on the -dbg instances don't
look good. Maybe some debug kconfig have a too big impact? [1]

For MPTCP, one test always hits the selftest timeout [2] when using a
debug kconfig. I don't know what to do in this case: if we need to set a
timeout value that is supported by debug environments, the value will be
so high, it will no longer catch issues "early enough" in "normal"
environments.
Or could it be possible to ignore or double the timeout value in this
debug environment?

Also, what is the plan with this debug env? It looks like the results
are not reported to patchwork for the moment. Maybe only "important"
issues, like kernel warnings, could be reported? Failed tests could be
reported as "Warning" instead of "Fail"?

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/90c6d9b6-0bc4-468a-95fe-ebc2a23fffc1@kernel.org/
[2]
https://netdev-3.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-mptcp-dbg/results/453502/1-mptcp-join-sh/stdout