Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 17:38:30 +0500
From: Andrey Tumashinov <atumashinov@...il.com>
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: RTL8125B on r8169 no traffic

Hello,

I'm having some strange connect-reconnect problems with my built-in NIC
on RTL8125, Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 running Manjaro, 6.9.2 kernel.

1. I have to plug the cable in several random times in order to NIC get
it's IP address via DHCP. Manual IP doesn't help either. The cable is
Cat 5e, verified with several other laptops.

2. When the NIC is linked and then link is downed and then upped on the
other side, it won't get IP address, too. I have to use the following
commands in order to get IP address and start traffic:

ip link set enp3s0 down
ip link set enp3s0 up

3. Other than that, there are no problems at all - connection speed is
stable 1 Gbit, after PC reboot connection is always on, IP address ok,
traffic flows as it should.

4. Recently, I've stumbled upon this thread which I think is similar to
my problem but It should have been resolved in my kernel version:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/97ec2232-3257-316c-c3e7-a08192ce16a6@gmail.com/T/

Do you have any ideas what's wrong?