Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 14:57:28 +0200
From: Matthieu Baerts <matttbe@...nel.org>
To: Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
Cc: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
Subject: Re: [TEST] virtio tests need veth?

On 18/06/2024 13:46, Jiri Pirko wrote:
> Tue, Jun 18, 2024 at 10:21:54AM CEST, matttbe@...nel.org wrote:
>> Hi Jiri,

>>> I guess you have custom
>>> tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/forwarding.config.
>>> Can you send it here?
>>
>> According to the logs from the parent directory [1], the "build/stdout"
>> file shows that only this config file has been used:
>>
>>  tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/virtio_net/config
>>
>> (see the 'vng -b' command)
>>
>>> CONFIG_NET_L3_MASTER_DEV=y
>>> CONFIG_IPV6_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y
>>> CONFIG_NET_VRF=m
>>> CONFIG_BPF_SYSCALL=y
>>> CONFIG_CGROUP_BPF=y
>>> CONFIG_IPV6=y
>>
>> The "config" file from [1] seems to indicate that all these kconfig are
>> missing, except the BPF ones.
>>
>> Note that if you want to check locally, virtme-ng helps to reproduce the
>> issues reported by the CI, see [2].
>>
>> [1] https://netdev-3.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-virtio/results/643761/
>
> Hmm, looking here, I see only command outputs. Would be actually good to
> see what commands were run to produce those outputs.

I think only the command to launch the VM is missing.

 - In the build logs [1], where we can see 4 commands:
   > TREE CMD: make mrproper
   > TREE CMD: vng -v -b -f
tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/virtio_net/config
   > TREE CMD: make headers
   > TREE CMD: make -C tools/testing/selftests/drivers/net/virtio_net/

 - In the VM logs [2], we don't see the command to start it. I guess it
is supposed to be closed to what is described in the wiki [3]. At the
end, we see the env vars that are set in the VM.

 - In the test logs [4], we can see the 'make' command at the first line.

I can look at adding the command to start the VM. Do you see anything
else missing?

[1]
https://netdev-3.bots.linux.dev/vmksft-virtio/results/643761/build/stdout
[2]