Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2024 11:30:34 -0700
From: Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org, netdev-driver-reviewers@...r.kernel.org
Cc: Daniel Borkmann <daniel@...earbox.net>, Kalle Valo <kvalo@...nel.org>,
 Johannes Berg <johannes@...solutions.net>, Pablo Neira Ayuso
 <pablo@...filter.org>, Steffen Klassert <steffen.klassert@...unet.com>,
 "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@...c4.com>, Luiz Augusto von Dentz
 <luiz.dentz@...il.com>, Marc Kleine-Budde <mkl@...gutronix.de>, Matthieu
 Baerts <matttbe@...nel.org>
Subject: [ANN] net-next shutdown plans around LPC

Hi!

LPC 2024 will begin less than a month from now, on Sept 18th.

The conference will take place very close to the merge window
(either during the first week of the merge window, or the week
before it). Since a lot of the maintainers and reviewers will
be attending LPC, netconf, maintainer summit etc. - we plan
to shut down net-next on Sept 13th (end of the week before LPC).

If Linus cuts final 6.11 on the 15th - this will be a non-event.
If he doesn't - we will operate for a week with 2 trees in
"fixes only mode", with net-next only accepting fixes for
code already in it (and net operating as usual).

For sub-trees which feed net-next, we would appreciate if
the PRs were posted by Sept 12th. We may still pull extra
stuff the week of LPC if merge window doesn't open, but
would prefer not to :)

 - netdev maintainers