Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2024 15:37:57 +0200
From: Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>
To: FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@...il.com>
Cc: boqun.feng@...il.com, dirk.behme@...bosch.com, aliceryhl@...gle.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, rust-for-linux@...r.kernel.org,
	hkallweit1@...il.com, tmgross@...ch.edu, ojeda@...nel.org,
	alex.gaynor@...il.com, gary@...yguo.net, bjorn3_gh@...tonmail.com,
	benno.lossin@...ton.me, a.hindborg@...sung.com
Subject: Re: iopoll abstraction

On Fri, Oct 04, 2024 at 08:48:03PM +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2024 18:09:15 +0200
> Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch> wrote:
>
> > We probably also want a comment that this helper cannot be used in
> > atomic context.
>
> Yeah, I'll add such.
>
> > Do we have a Rust equivalent of might_sleep()?
> >
> > https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v6.12-rc1/source/include/linux/kernel.h#L93
>
> No. I'll add bindings for might_sleep() and cpu_relax().

Please make sure you involve the scheduler people. This is now well
outside of networking, same as the discussion around time has little
to do with networking.

The might_sleep() is not a strong requirement for iopoll, so you might
want to get the basic functionality merged first, and then once
might_sleep() is agreed on, add it to iopoll. It is just a debug
feature.

	Andrew