Date: Wed,  9 Oct 2024 17:55:07 +0000
From: Joe Damato <jdamato@...tly.com>
To: netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc: michael.chan@...adcom.com,
	pavan.chebbi@...adcom.com,
	Joe Damato <jdamato@...tly.com>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	Jakub Kicinski <kuba@...nel.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org (open list),
	Michael Chan <mchan@...adcom.com>,
	Paolo Abeni <pabeni@...hat.com>
Subject: [net-next v4 0/2] tg3: Link IRQs, NAPIs, and queues

Greetings:

Welcome to v4, now an actual submission instead of an RFC.

This follows from a previous RFC (wherein I botched the subject lines of
all the messages) [1].

I've taken Michael Chan's suggestion on modifying patch 2 and I've
updated the commit messages of both patches to test and show the output
for the default 1 TX 4 RX queues and the 4 TX and 4 RX queues cases.

Reviewers: please check the commit messages carefully to ensure the
output is correct (or on your own systems to verify, if you like). I am
not a tg3 expert and it's possible that I got something wrong.

Thanks,
Joe

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/all/20241005145717.302575-3-jdamato@fastly.com/T/

v4:
  - Upgraded from RFC to official submission
  - Patch 1:
    - Updated commit message to test more cases, no code or functional
      changes, so I retained the Reviewed-by
  - Patch 2:
    - Switched the if ... else if ... to two ifs as per Michael Chan's
      suggestion when tg3 uses combined tx and rx queues
    - Updated commit message to test more cases, including combined tx
      and rx queues

rfcv3:
  - Patch 1:
    - Line wrap to 80 characters, no functional changes
    - Added Pavan Chebbi's Reviewed-by
  - Patch 2:
    - changed tg3_napi_enable and tg3_napi_disable to use running
      counters to number the queues as there is no explicit queue index
      assigned in tg3

Joe Damato (2):
  tg3: Link IRQs to NAPI instances
  tg3: Link queues to NAPIs