Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 04:58:42 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: escrypt funding disclosure

Hi,

For the sake of transparency, I'd like to inform the PHC community (and
anyone else reading this e.g. in list archives) that Openwall's work on
our upcoming PHC submission tentatively known as escrypt is partially
funded under the DARPA Cyber Fast Track program.  (Thanks, mudge and the
people currently running the program!)

And in case people wonder: there has been absolutely no influence from
DARPA on the direction of our work on escrypt (nor on anything else we
do).  We wrote the proposal, it was accepted (verbatim), and we're
working on the project as originally proposed.

Alexander