Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:46:29 -0400
From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Added "lanes" and 3 hash functions as inputs

I'm still making last-minute upgrades.  I added a "lanes" parameter to
the "extended" interface which normally is set to the number of 32-bit
ints in the hash function in use.  For SHA256 and Blake2s, it is 8,
and for SHA512 and Blake2b, it's16.  This was meant to match the SIMD
units on high-end CPUs, but it works against low-end CPUs.  Instead of
calculating 8 or 16 lanes in parallel, a low-end CPU can now do just
one, if it has no SIMD unit.

The architecture had a pluggable hash function architecture before,
but Blake2s was the only option.  I've added three more: Blake2s,
SHA256, and SHA512.  Naturally it took some work to make it really
easy to add new ones.

I still feel like a pluggable large memory block hash function would
be a good thing, but if mine's the only one to do such a thing,
there's not really much point.

Bill