Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 17:42:08 -0400
From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Re: Mechanical tests

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com> wrote:
>> Obviously, I'm all for mechanical tests.  In case it makes it easier
>> for everyone, I just created a git repo on github for mechanical
>> testing of PHC entries.  It's at:
>>
>> https://github.com/waywardgeek/phc-candidates
>
> I just realised how dumb it is to start with my own repo, rather than
> a fork of Poul-Henning Kamp's.  I just forked his PHC repo.  I plan to
> do only very minor edits in "master", which I can then use to submit
> pull requests.  I'm creating a "testing" branch where I'll do all my
> mechanical testing.  Any collaborators would be welcome.
>
> Bill

I've set up my fork of Poul-Henning Kamp's PHC git repo where I'm
doing mechanical testing.  You can find the repo at:

https://github.com/waywardgeek/PHC

Anyone interested in hacking the code will need to checkout the
"testing" branch.  I'm keeping the "master" branch clean so it will be
easy to pull updates to PHC entries from there.

I've got 14 compiling and running now.  The AntCrypt author might be
happy to hear his code passes the first 4 dieharder test.  I'm running
Argon now.  I'll have all 24 in maybe a couple days... some of them
just take forever to run even 4 tests.

Bill