lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  linux-hardening  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite for Android: free password hash cracker in your pocket
[<prev] [next>] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:21:31 -0400
From: Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Proposed changes to author's code

I have compiled each PHS with a common main.c.  Doing so required
minor changes to the following PHS's:

Argon
Battcrypt
Catfish
Gambit
Lanarea
M3lcrypt
MCS_PHS
OmegaCrypt
Parallel
PolyPassHash
Pufferfish
RIG

My goal is to have each entry have a PHS function that is C linkable.
This is required, for example, if we wish to have bindings in
different languages like Python, so I made the minimum changes to make
these C linkable.  The C++ projects mostly just needed extern "C" in
their PHS declarations.  Some of the others had minor portability
issues that I fixed, possibly not exactly how the author would prefer.
 My change to Yarn were magically identical to the V1 version of the
code... spooky!

I've attached a diffs file, which shows all the changes I made to each
project.  I also added the V1 versions of Yard, M3lcrypt, and POMELO,
so if my changes get pulled upstream, these will also get pulled.  I
think there is a ^M line ending issue in one of them that I haven't
fixed.

If the authors could review the diffs and let me know if they are OK
with the mods, I'll ask that these changes get pulled into the main
git repo.

Thanks,
Bill

Download attachment "diffs" of type "application/octet-stream" (17275 bytes)

Powered by blists - more mailing lists