Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 13:07:41 +0200
From: Dmitry Khovratovich <khovratovich@...il.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] Re: Proposed changes to author's code

Hi Bill,

thank you for the efforts!

The legal input ranges for Argon are
1 <= t_cost <= 2^24
1 <= m_cost <=2^24

We prefer t_cost = 3 for all m_cost starting from 128, and t_cost  = 256 -
2*m_cost for those smaller.

The total memory size in bytes is m_cost*1024.

I do not quite understand what you mean by average memory*time profile.
Argon always does ((6t_cost + 5)*m_cost*64) memory accesses and performs
f(t_cost,m_cost) operations, where f is a bilinear function (see Section
6.4 of the specification for details).

We do not recommend using the reference implementation for benchmarking
though. An optimized implementation will appear soon.

Best regards,
Dmitry

--
Best regards,