Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 10:23:46 +0200
From: Per Thorsheim <per@...rsheim.net>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] Discuss the contest in the media?

helpnet security (net-security.org), securityledger.com and arstechnica.com will be at #passwords14, Marsh & Greg from Microsoft does a talk on what Microsoft would like to see from PHC, and JP will introduce ALL the candidates in his presentation. Its a good start imho, getting PHC known around the world.

More info & schedule at passwordscon.org

Best regards,
Per Thorsheim
Founder of PasswordsCon

> Den 12. juli 2014 kl. 07:06 skrev Peregrine <peregrinebf@...il.com>:
>
> I'd say that drawing attention to the fact that there is such a contest, and that it is still in progress (though closed to submissions), is a good idea. We'd like people to use the contest winners, since they're likely to be good password hashing functions.
>

>> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM, Justin Cappos <jcappos@....edu> wrote:
>> Hmm.   I wonder if I start to mention other candidates in an interview if that is going to irritate any creator whose entry is not mentioned.   I tend to stay away from picking favorites for these reasons...
>>
>> I'm not a journalist so I don't control what gets covered / won't be interviewing anyone.
>>
>> The question I asked is if media attention about the contest is welcome...   However, maybe it would be easier to ask: does anyone feel the contest should not be mentioned?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Justin
>>

>>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM, Bill Cox <waywardgeek@...il.com> wrote:
>>> Since I'm not a judge, my opinion counts for little, but I think some things here are newsworthy.  Personally, Makwa seems way more interesting than PolyPassHash.  If you want the inside story on creating the most awesome password defense, interview Solar Designer... just my $0.02...
>>>
>>> Bill

Content of type "text/html" skipped