Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:28:44 -0300
From: Marcos Simplicio <mjunior@...c.usp.br>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Memory performance and ASIC attacks

Hi,

On the matter of parallelizability: our code does not allow
multithreading basically because we did not have time to implement and
test the "p" parameter discussed in the "extensions" part of the
documentation. :(

This is about to change, though, since we have been focusing on the
"extensions" discussed in the algorithm's proposal (mainly on how to
control the memory bandwidth up/down while adding parallelism). AFAIU,
the approach adopted in different from those of Yescript and Twocats, as
the parallelism is on the memory matrix level rather than on the level
of cells. There may be some (dis)advantages when compared to those two,
but we will only be able to tell after we finish our tests :)

BR,

Marcos.