Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:53:33 +0200
From: Dmitry Khovratovich <khovratovich@...il.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] omegacrypt and timing

The running time will be different, but the question is how you are going
to exploit it without full hashing. Suppose you have the time information,
then you do only partial hashing and look at the running time of this part.
Both running times should have normal distribution, so you might be able to
calculate your advantage in terms of false positive and false negative
rates. However, to win even a factor of two, your distributions should have
very large sigma, which is doubtful if you have say millions of branches.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Khovratovich

Content of type "text/html" skipped