Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:50:54 +0200
From: Dmitry Khovratovich <khovratovich@...il.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] What is "basic cryptography" ?

I did not check other candidates, but Argon does not require you to store
the password in cleartext in many copies in memory. Just do not store the
inputs to the first call of the Mix operation (nonlinear transformation on
the 512-byte block) in memory and store only the outputs. This does not
allow to recover the password from any portion of memory (except for its
initial storage); the algorithm remains the same, and the computational
costs remain the same (just the operation order is different).

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Khovratovich

Content of type "text/html" skipped