Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 05:39:17 -0800
From: epixoip <epixoip@...dshell.nl>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] How important is salting really?

On 12/12/2014 5:28 AM, Krisztián Pintér wrote:
>> Maybe you didn't read what I was responding to, but I was accused of
>> being incompetent
> if the accusation is lack of understanding (which you indeed
> demonstrated, though it was a slight misstep in my view)

At what point did I demonstrate a lack of understanding / make a slight
misstep?

> demonstrating understanding is a better defense than questioning the
> accuser's pedigree and bragging about yours.

I "demonstrated my understanding" multiple times. And I did not "brag"
about my pedigree, I simply stated a fact. Had I rattled off a list of
accomplishments and accolades, that would indeed have been bragging. But
I didn't. "I'll leave that as an exercise to the reader."

> especially if easy to
> find information on the internet does not put you in the position of
> an expert, so it remains a claim and nothing more.

Uh, what? What easy to find information on the Internet are you
referring to?