Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:48:02 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Re: Updated tests document (version 2)

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 10:41:51AM +0200, Milan Broz wrote:
> I updated PHC candidates test with latest run
>
>  https://github.com/mbroz/PHCtest/blob/master/output/phc_round2.pdf
>
> - many code updates announced here (including Argon, Catena, MAKWA, etc)
> - added parallel test

This includes PPC now.  I think it should go up to a much higher number
of threads on the PPC machine - whatever it supports in hardware (64?)

> - I used newer machine for test (Lenovo x240 i7 CPU)

This is AVX2 capable, right?  But you're not building for AVX2 yet?

(And this reminds me that I should submit AVX2 code for yescrypt.)

> - Added pwxround=2 yescrypt to normalized test

I think it'll be relevant to all other tests as well. ;-)  And even
PWXrounds=1 too. ;-)

> - yescrypt now uses -opt version (not reference)
> (I did not add it to other test these were meant to use defaults).

I don't understand.  What "other test" did you not add this to?

> - All tested passwords are now randomly generated (/dev/urandom)
> (previously were hardcoded in test program)
>
> (Git history contains all changes.)
>
> Thanks for all suggestion and thanks algorithms authors for fixing bugs!

Thank you for running these tests, Milan!

Alexander