Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 12:36:37 +0200
From: Dmitry Khovratovich <khovratovich@...il.com>
To: "discussions@...sword-hashing.net" <discussions@...sword-hashing.net>
Subject: Re: [PHC] Can we add back Argon2id?

The rationale was to offer better tradeoff resistance for the 1-pass
version. Maybe it was not worth it.

Currently we the designers would welcome the appearance of Argon2id in the
official implementation. Care must be taken to maintain compatibility, but
this should better be addressed at the community working on the
implementation on GitHub.

Best regards,
the Argon2 team

--