Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:44:49 -0400
From: Erik Aronesty <erik@....com>
To: discussions@...sword-hashing.net
Subject: Re: [PHC] Fwd: memory-hard password hashing

My personal favorite, because I like the lorenz attractor, and it's been
shown to be secure.   Not sure how optimal it is for GPU, but it's all
floating-point arithmetic.   Possible to do it faster with an ASIC?  Maybe.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1702.07502.pdf

Fast PRNG, not sure how secure it is:
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/cfdc/468d3021fe0020a138cc4e335a6b9afa6b29.pdf

This library analyzes and optimizes a number of well-known PRNG's for GPUs,
haven't read it too closely.
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1307.5869.pdf

Fourier transforms, should be fairly secure, needs more analysis:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1411.2484.pdf

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 03:53:53PM -0400, Erik Aronesty wrote:
> > There are several fast double-precision CPRNG's designed for high speed
> GPU
> > operation that would be hard to beat with any ASIC.
>
> What are they?
>
> (Not arguing with you here, just want to learn.)
>
> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped