Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:05:51 -0800
From: Randall Gellens <rg_public.1@...gg.qualcomm.com>
To: Florian Heinz <heinz@...non-ag.de>, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: QPopper 4.0.x buffer overflow vulnerability

The first I heard of the problem was this morning.  Was any notice
sent to qpopper-bugs@...lcomm.com or qpopper-patches@...lcomm.com in
advance of the posting here?  If so, please let me know the details
so I can see what happened to the message.  If not, I'd like to know
why.

A fixed Qpopper (version 4.0.5fc2) is available now at
<ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper/beta/>.  I plan on
releasing 4.0.5 final tomorrow unless I hear of any problems with
4.0.5fc2.

--
Randall Gellens
rg_public.1@...gg.qualcomm.com