Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:17:44 -0500
From: kquest@...layer.com
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: RE: 9660 : Microsoft IIS Unspecified Remote Denial Of Service Vu
	lnerability

I want to mention that the claim about EEYE
is my own logical conclusion. I don't know if
it's true or not. I based my opinion on my own
experience dealing with the OpenSSL and MS ASN.1
vulnerabilities. I ended up writing my own
X509 editor/decoder and SSL client when I was
researching the OpenSSL vulnerabilities. When
EEYE announced their MS ASN.1 discoveries
I simply used what I already had... only on IIS
(with some minor configuration changes).
It seems logical to assume that they came
across those MS vulnerabilities because of OpenSSL.
For example, if you compare the first OpenSSL
vulnerability to the MS ASN.1 Library Length
Overflow Heap Corruption you'll see that
they are too similar to be a simple coincidence...