Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 08:09:39 -0700
From: "Spencer, Mark" <mspencer@...dentdata.com>
To: <1@...ware.com>, <bugtraq@...urityfocus.com>
Cc: <NTBugtraq@...tserv.ntbugtraq.com>
Subject: RE: PING: Outlook 2003 Spam

Hello,

A coworker and I spent much of the day yesterday trying to replicate
this behavior and we were not able to do so.  The only time we can get
Outlook 2003 to pull anything from our server with this code is when we
send the email within our own MS Exchange.  We've tried multiple
clients, multiple SMTP servers, and many variations of the code below
and have not been successful, other than emails sent between Exchange
users.

I have not seen any other comments on this issue.  Is it possible
Microsoft has already patched Outlook 2003 to only allow this behavior
when dealing with a trusted zone?

Mark