Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:18:59 -0700
From: "Matthew Leeds" <mleeds@...leeds.net>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re[2]: Caveat Lector: Beastie Boys Evil

Time for some info. There are a variety of copy control mechanisms being used by the publishers of CDs these days. Dragos most likely has run into Macrovision Cactus Data Shield. Here's some info:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/cactusdatashield.cfm
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=Cactus%20Data%20Shield%20200&index=0

For those interested in other protection methods you might read this:

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/

and this:

http://ukcdr.org/issues/cd/

---Matthew