Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:08:12 +0000
From: "DAN MORRILL" <dan_20407@....com>
To: 3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
	full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: RE: SPIDynamics WebInspect
	Cross-ApplicationScripting (XAS)

Good Morning,

I got the official notice from SPI Dynamics to day on this issue. I am in no
way slamming people at all, but the interesting response was inability to
reproduce the XAS issue.

At what point and how much support should the discoverer give to the
company? Usually when I have a bug report it is a full set of instructions
on exactly how to reproduce the issue, from OS, software running in
background, what I was clicking or typing at the time.

My question is that if we are submitting bug reports and POC code, just how
much information do we give to the vendor, especially if they say that they
can not reproduce it? If the vendor can not reproduce it, how much time and
support should the discoverer give them?

Just a curiosity question based on the idea that we are all out there
discovering things, that we will or will not give up to folks depending on
what we discover. Its the inability to reproduce the issue that interests me
the most, and what as a community should we do when no one else can verify
our results? Well out side of providing POC code, that may or may not work.

R/Dan

Sometimes MSN E-mail will indicate that the mesasge failed to be delivered.
Please resend when you get those, it does not mean that the mail box is bad,
merely that MSN mail is over worked at the time.