Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:04:52 +0400
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re[2]: [Full-disclosure] SPIDynamics WebInspect Cross-ApplicationScripting (XAS)

Dear DAN MORRILL,

--Wednesday, July 27, 2005, 10:08:12 PM, you wrote to 3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU:

DM> I got the official notice from SPI Dynamics to day on this issue. I am in no
DM> way slamming people at all, but the interesting response was inability to
DM> reproduce the XAS issue.

SPI  Dynamics  already  published  advisory on this issue and fixed this
vulnerability, at least partially.

Revisions:
V1.0 (July 27, 2005): Internal Release
V1.1 (July 28, 2005): Bulletin published

Full  disclosure  effectiveness is proved  again. Vulnerability known
since April was fixed in 2 days.

DM> Just a curiosity question based on the idea that we are all out there
DM> discovering things, that we will or will not give up to folks depending on
DM> what we discover. Its the inability to reproduce the issue that interests me
DM> the most, and what as a community should we do when no one else can verify
DM> our results? Well out side of providing POC code, that may or may not work.

According to reporter vendor was provided with

1. Problem description
2. PoC code
3. Screenshot
4. Example of the generated report.

You can find it on
http://www.security.nnov.ru/Fnews30.html

Last (unreplied) message sent to vendor was