Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:47:31 +0200
From: Bjorn Borg <bjorn.brg@...il.com>
To: Mads Rasmussen <mads@...ncs.com.br>
Cc: Grupo de Trabalho em Segurança de Redes <gts-l@....registro.br>,
	andre.ludwig@...il.com, andre.correa@...ox.com,
	docbook.xml@...il.com, osegal@...chfire.com,
	bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, focus-virus@...urityfocus.com,
	honeypots@...urityfocus.com, security-basics@...urityfocus.com,
	security-management@...urityfocus.com, webappsec@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: anti-phishing implementation]

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your replies!!!

I have tried to find information from Netcraft, Earthlink's website,
but no fraud link database is available there. Anti-Phishing Working
Group has a nice archive but not sufficient
(http://www.antiphishing.org/phishing_archive.html).

My intention, unlike Netcraft, Earthlink toolbar, is to make the tool
stand-alone as an anti-virus utility. It would capture packets at IP
layer and filter HTTP, POP3 packets to analyze phishing
vulnerabilities so that the tool can work no matter browsers or mail
clients users are using. By working at lower layer, it may have
abilitiy to detect pharming attacks for later works. People,
suggestions, please?

Here are other tools I have gone over:
www.callingid.com
www.phishing.net

Bruce Schneier's blog:
http://www.schneier.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl?Terms=phishing&Realm=blog

Best Regards,

Bjorn
MSc. student in Information and Communication System Security
DSV Department, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
Mobile: +46 762 07 3465
bjorn.brg@...il.com