From: phrackhc at email.com (Phrack High Council)
Subject: PHC Updates -- Straight To Your Inbox!

                [PHC] Newsletter -- 08/20/2002 [PHC]

Hello, reader!

You have been subscribed to the Phrack High Council's Weekly Newsletter
by:

        Elias Levy <elias@...urityfocus.com>
        (650) 208-4900

Due to the crap software in use on this list our first post was
rejected for being sent to too many people.  For our readers pleasure
we will list the addresses subscribed:

BlueBoar@...evco.com,loki@...elabs.com,mike@...ke.com,aliver@...il.com,
len@...sys.com,cairnsc@...urityfocus.com,elias@...urityfocus.com,
ryan@...urityfocus.com,w00w00@...ckops.org, shok@...aforce.net,
root@....openbsd.org, deraadt@....openbsd.org,ah@...urityfocus.com,
dr@...ec.com,ktwo@...o.ca,lance@...eynet.org,dugsong@...key.org,
jdrake@...p.org,spender@...ecurity.net,phc@...nbsd.org

We promise to bring you,our subscriber,news events as they unfold on
#phrack/efnet and from all over the security scene.

Story of the week
=================

        Ryan Russell of SecurityFocus/Symantec has been fired.  Fellow
        employees say he will not be missed.

        New vuln-dev@...urityfocus.com (note: not @snosoft.com), Cade Cairns
        says in a statement to vuln-dev on Tuesday thathe intends to improve
        the list (very hard job), and also hopes to make it a useful source of
        information (it's achievable now Blue Boar is out of the loop).

Current news
============

        * http://www.eurocompton.net/~fuk/phrack/news/news2.txt
          Ryan Russell AKA Blue Boar FIRED from SecurityFocus/Symantec.

        * http://www.eurocompton.net/~fuk/phrack/news/news3.txt
          News of Blue Boar's new job as Snosoft's assistant janitor.

        * http://www.eurocompton.net/~fuk/phrack/news/news4.txt
          The truth about Eric "Loki" Hines and Fate Labs.

        URGENT UPDATE:

        Eric "Loki" Hines challenged our posting in news4.txt claiming it was
        "distorted truths" and also attacked our spelling and grammar skills,
        relating us to 12 or 15 year olds (he didn't make up his mind).  Eric
        http://eurocompton.net/~fuk/phrack/fatecombo1/response.txt

        For those who fail to understand what Eric is trying to say, you may
        prefer to read our corrected version, here:

        http://eurocompton.net/~fuk/phrack/fatecombo1/response-corrections.html

That's it for this weeks Newsletter, folks!  We'll be back next week with more
news from the security scene.

Note: For instant updates, please visit http://www.eurocompton.net/~fuk/phrack !

Signed,
Phrack High Council.