From: sockz at email.com (sockz loves you)
Subject: hypo-crazy ;)

----- Original Message -----
From: John <johnpf@...et.net.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:34:53 +1000
To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: Re: [Full-Disclosure] hypo-crazy ;)

> OK, I've tried to stay out of this discussion but enough is enough.

hail, Immn!!!

> In Australia at least there hasn't been a culture if "girls cant do
> science" for a _very_ long time. In particular there is a very strong
> domination of biochem and genetic research by females, particularly
> those in the 50+ years old category.

ooh okay so i'm wrong?  fair enuff.  like i said, i dont profess to know
everything about chemistry, i was just going off what i had heard from a +50yo
woman in the field.  how 30 odd years ago women were free to study chemistry,
yet found it hard to get jobs because they were women.  that was her account.
not that this has anything to do with the plight of female hackers, but wth eh.

in any case thankyou for pointing this out, i'll make a note to look into it
some more when i get the chance.

> Now if you'd said mechanical engineering I'd have agreed with you, as it
> is still a male dominated discipline. But certainly not Chemistry.
>
> As an Australian I'd of thought you'd have known better, especially
> being a student at a University with fairly strong Chem and BioScience
> schools - or perhaps you are not as 'in touch' with trends and gender
> issues in Oz as you think. Perhaps if you spent more time actually
> working on your course and not hanging in #phrack you'd have known that.

uh huh.  and your reason for coming up with a personal attack like that is
what?  are you trying to say you dont really have a point at all?  dude, i'm a
politics/sociology/info systems/IB student.  science is about the only thing
i'm NOT studying right now.  i ask for forgiveness if that makes me less than
perfect.

if you want to go into gender discourses, then feel free.  but petty attacks
like this only serve to highlight the fact that you have nothing else to say.
and as for spending most of my time in #phrack?  please.  i could say the same
about you and everquest and it would still get neither of us anywhere in this
discussion.  :\

> And best of luck in your exams sockz...

thanks, immn :)