From: steve at entrenchtech.com (Steve)
Subject: Of course you guys support full-disclosure

> It is pretty easy to have an account on nmrc.org, to release
> an anti-Microsoft "information anarchy" FAQ, yet to share an
> account on the same machine as a Microsoft partner (Bindview
> employee Simple Nomad), isn't it? Yet nobody doubts your
> integrity in loathing Microsoft...

Yeah, so?  I worked for BindView at one point to.  Last time I checked I
had a mind of my own and being a part of NMRC doesn't mean that I have
to conform to anyone's point of view other than my own.  I speak for
myself and myself alone.  Funny Gobbles said the same thing about me
once.  Even more funny that you point your finger at me saying that I am
making the wrong assumptions based on perceptions yet you do the same
about me.

> I know you're not that naive. After what they've done, why
> would they loosely drop their real names? And should they,
> what guarantee is there that you've even have heard of them?
> Not all people are spotlight fuckers, so should the name "Joe
> Blow" be dropped as an ~el8 member, it wouldn't satisfy you
> anyway -- you'd consider the names fabricated.

No, I wouldn't consider them fabricated.  I am simply saying that if I
am misinformed, please school me and show me the error of my ways.

> The ~el8 members list is mentioned in each ezine release.
> I don't see what your problem is.

Fair enough.  Then I will gladly admit that I was misinformed.  Probably
not the first time and probably not the last.  I'm not perfect.

> A lot of who? Who are you referring to? And based on what?
> The zine content?

Based on who I thought was a part of this whole thing.  So I am
misinformed and I really don't know their skill level although they have
rooted some people whom one would think would know how to secure a box.
Then again, I could probably just as easily end up on the owned list.

> What part of "awaiting publication" eludes you? And I get the
> distinct impression that such logs would be refuted by
> someone like you as inconclusive, anyway.

Actually no, I wouldn't say that they are inconclusive.  I find the el8
txt files amusing -- that is until I end up on them that is.  :-)