From: aliver at hexeris.mine.nu (Aliver)
Subject: Off Topic

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Charles Stevenson wrote:
> You know why this list is great? Because of the spam. Because it pisses
> off all the leeches who just want more 0day so that they can offer their
> clients services.

Well said. I couldn't agree more. I get a warm feeling and a smile every
time I see some consultant whine about how agitated they are since someone
posted something they couldn't use to make money off of. I also find it
amusing to watch script kiddies wage their ego wars. This list has flavor,
but you have to have a sense of humor to appreciate it.

> People will spam this list all day and night and hope you all leave.

I for one hope they stay. I like to watch consultant / pentester /
non-coder / whitehats get angry.

> For example I sent an exploit to the list which gets local root on all
> Sun Cobalt RaQ's with apache RPM installed. Still. And they've not made
> any updates. Which tells me they don't care enough about security to
> find a diamond in the rough.

There are some good people at Sun, but there are a lot more golf-playing
suits at Sun. Maybe it was bring-your-BMW day at the golf club when you
released that.

aliver
--
Question: Is it better to abide by the rules until
they're changed or help speed the change by breaking them?