From: rms at computerbytesman.com (Richard M. Smith)
Subject: Drive-by download from a spam email message

Hi,

I just tried to opt-out from a spam email message from some sort
Internet keyword system.  When I went to the opt-out page for the
mailing list, I got hit with a drive-by download that asked me to
install an ActiveX control called the "Internet Marketing Agency".
There isn't a clue on the opt-out page what this control does.  I said
"No" on the install.

Here's the opt-out page:

   http://upgradingyourbrowser.com/removerequest.html

Is Microsoft ever going to do something about the drive-by download
problem in Internet Explorer?  ActiveX downloads should only happen if a
user asks for a control in the first place.  These silent downloads are
bad news.

Richard M. Smith
http://www.ComputerBytesMan.com