From: sockz at email.com (sockz loves you)
Subject: LAFFING MY SOCKZ OFF

This afternoon I read this: http://phrack.ru/gay-skyper.txt

the txt file is an attempt by Oleg Chebeneev to interview the current phrack
magazine (aka fake-phrack) staff.  my sympathy goes out to Oleg who must have
had a hard time trying to piece together the fragmented reply given by the fake-
phrack staff.

instead of mirroring the entire debacle i felt it more appropriate to comment
on the following bits and pieces.  my comments are prefixed and suffixed with
[sockz] and [/sockz], Oleg's comments are prefixed with > the rest is by skyper.

> - How did the first ezine spread? What were the first places it might
> be downloaded from (except Metal Shop)?

[sockz] i thought it was amusing how the current phrack staff didn't answer this
question.  there was a space between it and the next suggesting that maybe
skyper had intended to look up the answer on google.  clearly his search engine
skills are on par with his knowledge of phrack's roots.  sadly many other
questions went unanswered.  perhaps testament to the ignorance of the phrack
staff, or their illiteracy in general, who can really be sure? [/sockz]

> - How did computer and real world react on first issues of Phrack?

Demanding a second one :>

[sockz] rumour has it that phrack staff members got to college on football
scholarships [/sockz]

> - Were there any publications in mass media after Phrack appearing?

A phrack release sometimes causes some 'disturbance' in come
high profit organisations or some 3letter agencies. The appearing
of the E911 document in phrack 24 lead Operation Sundevil, the largest
bust in the hacker community every happened.

[sockz] here we observe skyper attempting to mask his ignorance with information
cunningly retrieved from the secret pages of Bruce Sterling's tome "Hacker
Crackdown" watch as he tries so hard to make his sentences as authetic as
possible.  yet is unable to refrain from using the same kind of language as that
found in Sterling's book. *shakes head* btw you need to learn how to spell
[/sockz]

> - How current editors became current editors? :)

Once upon a time a group of people realized a sellout that was going on.
We saw the largest hackers news networks (HNN) turning into some
'Security News' controlled by a large high profit organisation.

[sockz] wtf? [/sockz]

We could not let the same thing happen to phrack. We started to think
about an takeover 10 month before we released our first issue, p57.
We started to set up a server, got our hands on the domain phrack.org [dont
ask how] and put the webpage online (phrack.com has been down for 6 month
then). The webpage is a complete rewrite. Everything is SQL driven now
which makes maintainance much easier etc.

[sockz] wow you guys must be real hackers! 0MG 3y3 4m s0 ph33r! [/sockz]

We invited close friends of us to our idea. We received good feedback and
it took not long until we had the first article ready.
After this we confronted the old editor in chief with our undertaking
and kindly ask him to support us.

[sockz] so in essence the phrack staff tookover phrack magazine and after
gathering a whole heap of friends together and produced ONE article,
realised they were so fucking clueless that they begged route to help
them. how _lame_ [/sockz]

> - How did Phrack change with time? What are the best achievements u've
> got during the years. I need your opinion.

Phrack these days is read by a much larger audience. Phrack focueses more
on technical and computer related stuff. The anarchy thingie (building bombs
etc) has not found a place in phrack for a long time. We forgott to
adress the political aspect (freedom of speech, ..) for a to long time.

[sockz] anarchy thingie?  forgott? adress? for a to long time?  man i could
write better than this when i was in grade 2. [/sockz]

> - Is there in Internet any story about the history of Phrack? Mabbe written
> by one of the old scene hackers or tech journlist. Haven't seen smth
> like that?

'The Hacker crackdown' by Bruce sterling tells the story of the hacker
community up to 1995 which is also the history of phrack.

[sockz] incidently "The Hacker Crackdown" is on the *required reading* list for
being a phrack editor.  Books you should also read include: "Editing for
Dummies" and "Learning SQL in 21 Days"

Total Questions asked: 26
Total Questions answered: 19
Total Spelling mistakes and critical grammatical errors in answers made by
phrack magzine *editorial* staff: >35
Degree of bullshit expressed as a percentage: 100%