From: shadown at bariloche.com.ar (^Shadown^)
Subject: re: Global HIGH Security Risk

Dear Folks,

	Thanks for your answers helpping me on how to post this information without getting in trouble.
	And to the ones that treat me as if I were stupid, all I have to say is that it was just simple. I don't know why it's not been documented, I've googled hard but couldn't find any thing about it.
	I've set up a server behind a fw (ipchains) without gcc, with a vulnerable daemon, the fw was set up just to allow the server to go through out by the binded daemon port only.
	What I did first was just to code an exploit for the vulnerable daemon and added a simple command sequence to write down to the server an uuencoded file using vi editor, then uudecode it and un-tar.gz and that way could upload binary files (which could be tools, sniffers, local exploits, etc). That way I could upload binary to execute on the remote server. But I've wanted to download files too (text and binaries) so I've coded a sniffer which listens for a specific ID-secuence to start/stop dumping to a file. And coded a tool to send the ID-secuence and the file to the sniffer. All this worked right.
	Then I removed all the programas that could be used as an text editor (joe, vim, cat, ed, etc), uudecode/uuencode, and compressing file tools.
	And I began to develop a technique which may be apply in any exploit code.
	It could be done many ways. Every coder is gonna do it it's own way, but I did it mine.
	I've coded an exploit with few options -f file_to_upload -s spawn_shell.
	The exploit sends diferent encrypted shellcodes depending the options.
	A shellcode sends and writes down to /tmp the file which firstly was fragmented by the exploit to be inserted into the multi shellcode sequence.(-f)
	The other is a standard shellcode.
	As simple as this, so you can upload and download any file type, and executed on the remote server.
	I think this explains the idea.
	I wish to post the PoC, but don't wanna get in trouble.
	Cheers,
		^Shadown^

	my pgp key: