From: avalon at caligula.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed)
Subject: RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

In some mail from Paul Schmehl, sie said:

> But that's his privilege.  If he chooses to express his thoughts in that
> way, he has every right to do so.  That's precisely what freedom is.

But a person in so doing must be prepared to respect the rights and
well being of others or in infringing upon them, be prepared to pay
duely for it if suffering is endured by others and so we have laws
that define libel, defamation, official secrecy acts, etc, that might
seem to be at odds with "freedom of speech" but in essence, aim to
uphold what it is there for in the first place - to make life better
and easier for all.

Darren