From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: HEADS UP VIRUS BEING SPREAD one of our readers
 infected?

Of course this means you have turned off all scripting capabilities in
your mail reader also, to prevent those viri and trojans that need no full
point and click to do their 'work', yes?  Pre mid-90's perhaps educated
users alone could stop mass infestations, now days, there are too many
mouse_over features and some of the malware^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hmicrosoft mail
reader code can react merely to subject and header lines...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Ed Carp wrote:

> > Next, I would like to use this moment to ask every f*ckin' one who can't
> > deal with MW's attached virii to UN-FUCKING-SUB-FUCKING-SCRIBE FROM THIS
> > LIST before I damnwhat bruteforce your fckin mailaccount and do it for
> > ya (should be easy with l:p address/address as one of you whom
> > complained uses.. aint security damn phun or what?!?)
>
> I run Windows 2000 on my desktop (don't ask), and I also run Outlook 2000,
> and I've *never* had a virus infect my desktop.  I don't have Mcafee or
> Norton AV running 24/7, either, I'm just not **stupid** about opening every
> damned email that pops in my inbox, and people who knee-jerk open every
> little thing that pops in their inbox deserve what they get, especially the
> morons who mindlessly double-click on attachments without knowing what they
> are.  You wouldn't just automatically open your front door to anyone who
> knocks, would you?

> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
> Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.