From: David.Sentelle at cnbcbank.com (David Sentelle)
Subject: RE: [OT] Zone Alarm $$NOSIG$$

Wow, if everyone's $0.02 on this issue were put in a pot and shipped off to Africa, I think we'd buy a lot of little home firewalls for the folks NOT in South Africa where they can apparently afford them.

Here's my $0.02.

Buying a dedicated firewall appliance is my first recommendation.  This should be enough to keep a lot of people out, even if they're pretty easy to DOS.

Installing Zone Alarm is my second recommendation.  Its good to know when apps are trying to access the internet.

For non techie types, I would add a third recommendation that they pay someone to come make sure everything's reasonably secured.  That should cost less than the OS on their PC and just a little more than the firewall appliance.

It is taken for granted that the user in either case knows to update, update, update.  Its going to be a long time before companies decide to debug, much less secure their software BEFORE its released.

Off Topic NOISE noise noise NOISE

are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, you are
prohibited from using, divulging any of its contents, or forwarding
this email.  Please notify admin@...cbank.com and delete it from
your system.