From: Azerail at supersecretninjaskills.com (Azerail)
Subject: Another list or this list in moderation.

On Thu, 05 Jun 2003, Chris Garrett wrote:

> I've had enough, and sending a single message to the offenders via personal
> e-mail is far from sufficient, at this point. On various ocassions I have sent
> personal emails to those who are pushing off-topic discussions, amongst several
> other somewhat once-tolerable things, and I've only received argument in
> response. Off-topic discussions are fine, as long as they somehow keep a foot in
> the door of security and remain brief, but this list has turned to into IRC.

I find that procmail is quite sufficent to reduce S/N ratios.  I am
personally amazed that computer professionals are for whatever reason
not able to control the flow of data that enters their computer.
Personally, I would rather the list remain unmoderated.  If for
whatever reason, a person doesn't wish to read what someone else has
to say, not only is that your "right", it should be well within your
ability.  Simply put, if you don't like it, don't read it.  Not a
flame, just a reminder that protesting on a unmoderated list that
someone is posting something you don't like is perhaps not the most
expedient way of achieving peace and quiet.

Azerail

--
History is full of people who out of fear or ignorance or lust for power, have destroyed
treasures of immeasurable value which truely belong to all of us.  We must not let that