From: zorkshin at tampabay.rr.com (Justin Shin)
Subject: The IE6 bug is nothing new...

http://jbcracka.bravepages.com/sections/computers/windows.html
http://www.computerpranks.com/stories/default.cfm?ItemID=1584
http://www.lsi.upc.es/~acastan/Hacking/Exploit%20Windows%20con_con.txt

Apparently AUX/CON/others are special reserved names or something back from the old days of Windows, which proves that Microsoft has done very little in the way of developing the Windows operating system. I also followed through with the "Microsoft Help and Support Center" link to helpful info about fixing this problem, and I got this:

***
Analysis Information

Thank you for submitting an error report. The Online Crash Analysis service has processed and analyzed this report.

At this time, a solution is not available for the report you submitted. A newer version of Internet Explorer is available. This update may not fix the error you reported, but Microsoft recommends that you upgrade for increased reliability. To learn more about the update and how to install it, see the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp.
***

Thanks, M$ for so accurately pinpointing the problem. The line I *really* like from this response is:

>A newer version of Internet Explorer is available. This update may not fix the error you reported, but

Wow, gee, thanks!

I'm sure this will be fixed and its really no big deal, so what if you can crash a single ie window?

-- Justin Shin