From: jasper599 at hotmail.com (Jasper Blackwell)
Subject: RE: DCOM Exploit MS03-026 attack vectors

Hi All,

>Microsoft owns up to the exploit being usable on 135, 139 and 445, I have
>heard rumors of port 80  being vulnerable as well. I was curious as to
>whether anyone had seen anything using a port other than 135? Everything I
>have seen discussed here and elsewhere has been 135 specific.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul Tinsley

I have no more information as yet, expect to say that I saw someone asking a
similar question somewhere else and they asked whether the RPC_CONNECT
method could be used in HTML to spread this. Now I am not an HTML programmer
let alone a C programmer so I have no idea whether that is feasible or not.
However I would be very interested if it is as it could make a big
difference to all of us. So any of the more knowledgable people out there,
is there anyway that comes to mind that this exploit could work over port
80? What about other programs that use DCOM and listen on other ports, are
they vulnerable in theory? Would it require entirely new exploitcode for
each package/port to be exploited?

By the way I am not asking for an exploit, I am neutral in the whole debate,
just someone who knows what they are talking about to give us an idea of
whether this thing is ever going to work over ports other then 135.

Jasp