From: dksaarth at unix.za.net (Richard Spiers)
Subject: RE: DCOM Exploit MS03-026 attack vectors

Hey hey guys. I believe it has something to do with CIS.
" COM Internet Services Proxy (a feature that is part of Windows 2000 that
allows a server to accept DCOM requests tunneled over HTTP)"

" The list of supported transports is as follows:

Local RPC        ncalrpc

TCP/IP ncacn_ip_tcp

SPX                 ncacn_spx

Named pipes     ncacn_np

NetBIOS           netbios

VINES IP          ncacn_vns_spp

It is not, however, documented in any of Microsoft resources, that Outlook
can use another RPC transport, ncacn_http"

Its not enabled by default, however in therory this makes whatever port the
server is configured to run it on vulnerable. Hope someone else can clear
this up further.