From: mike at sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
Subject: f-prot not catching mimail ? (now fixed)

This is now fixed with an updated engine. I verified both with my Windows
Desktop version as well with my FreeBSD version. This gets both versions of
the virus I have found.

avscan1# f-prot *.zip
Virus scanning report  -  5 August 2003 @ 13:50

F-PROT ANTIVIRUS
Program version: 4.1.1
Engine version: 3.13.4

VIRUS SIGNATURE FILES
SIGN.DEF created 1 August 2003
SIGN2.DEF created 4 August 2003
MACRO.DEF created 4 August 2003

Search: message1.zip message4.zip new.zip
Action: Report only
Files: Attempt to identify files
Switches: <none>

/tmp/tmp2/message1.zip->message.html  Infection: W32/Mimail.A@mm
/tmp/tmp2/message4.zip->message.html  Infection: W32/Mimail.A@mm
/tmp/tmp2/new.zip->message1.zip  Not scanned (encrypted)
/tmp/tmp2/new.zip->message4.zip  Not scanned (encrypted)

Results of virus scanning:

Files: 3
MBRs: 0
Boot sectors: 0