From: jbethune at town.kentville.ns.ca (Jason Bethune)
Subject: Office 2000 Vulnerability

Yes I have seen pirated copies on clients machines that can have SP1 and SP2
applied but it is tricky and not for the novice user. Once SP1 and Sp2 have
been applied it can then be updated fully to all the vulnerabilities. I am
sure there are tons of pirated copies floating around that the usual user
would not have a clue on how to patch them. Whether it is up to m$ to allow
these to be patched is a whole kettle of beans that I will assume they would
say if you don't pay for it then $crew you.