From: l8km7gr02 at sneakemail.com (l8km7gr02@...akemail.com)
Subject: Computer Sabotage by Microsoft

Hi Helmut,

>>Welcome to the weird, wild and wacky system of computer and
>>computer crime-related laws brought to you by the US of A.  You
>>thought the DMCA was a mess?  Ha!
>>
>>Have you read anything about UCITA, the US Uniform Computer
>>Information Transactions Act?  Very entertaining reading, if you
>>like horror.
>
> As Stefan is located in Germany it's german law that counts.  And
> many an EULA simply isn't valid under that...

True, but I was really only taking the opportunity to suggest that
EULAs, no matter now nonsensical they might appear to us, seem to be
pushing their way into legitimacy (in the legal sense, if in no other)
worldwide.

*Everyone* in the USA should be outraged by UCITA.  Everyone who lives
in nations considering the adoption of UCITA-like laws ought to be very
vocal.  This isn't some highbrow, geeky, easily dismissable
information-wants-to-be-free type stuff -- these laws directly affect
real people.

take care,

Cael