From: arivanov at sigsegv.cx (Anton Ivanov)
Subject: cisco acl

vb wrote:

>to change password:
>hook up console cable, establish session.
>boot router
>hit "break key" within 60 seconds of bootup
>at the > prompt, type:confreg 0x2142
>type "i" to reboot router
>router will boot up and not require a password
>type"enable"
>type"copy start run"
>type "conf te"
>type "enable secret <new password>"
>hit CNTRL-Z
>type "copy run start"
>reboot
>send me a check.
>
>that should do it.

If I understood the poster correctly, he wanted the hits on the router
ACLs and such. This information will not leave across a reboot.

I would suggest checking if the attacker has changed the SNMP
communities. If these along with the SNMP views are configured to allow
you access to the interesting parts of the MIB you can get around the
fact that you do not have an enable password.

If not - all you can do is get your router back as described by vb (does
not work on all cisco models especially the more dinozauric ones, check
with cisco web site for instructions on your exact model).

Brgds,

A,